Renew Your Home, Revive Your Spirit
‘Tis the season to get cleaning. The annual rite of spring cleaning does more than just remove clutter and freshen up the inside of a home. The newly neatened home has a calmer feel and more organized appearance. Getting rid of winter’s waste provides a mental reset to renew the minds of all those who live in the house.
After undergoing adjustable lap band surgery in St. Petersburg, it is important to stay motivated towards reaching your ultimate health and wellness goals. One of the most benefical ways to do this is to set times for mental renewal and rejuvenation. The spring is the season of regrowth, and you can dedicate this period to yourself by decluttering and purging the accumulation of winter and waste that is surrounding you.
Here are a few tips to help you get started with your spring cleaning!
- Spring cleaning deep cleans the entire interior of your home, while airing out the space after being closed up all winter. Many people dread the task because it can easily become a chore that lasts all season, but with some planning and efficient work, the entire house can become clean in just one day. The trick to accomplishing your entire home in a day is to have a plan.
- Start off cleaning with the bathrooms as these tend to be the areas that require the most frequent cleaning. In the bathroom, to sanitize the room and make cleaning more efficient, spray all the surfaces with a disinfecting surface cleaner and let it soak for 15 to 20 minutes while taking rugs and towels to the washing machine and wiping down light switch plates and door jambs.
- Since eight hours of every day are spent in the bedroom, a large factor in readying the home for spring is refreshing each of the beds in the home. Over time, the mattress and bedding become heavy with dirt, skin cells, and dust mites. Change the bedding and vacuum and air out all the mattresses to reduce the allergens in the bedding, which may improve sleep for those who are susceptible to allergies.
- Over the winter, holiday cooking and baking can build up layers of cooking grease and dust inside a kitchen. To create a mental reset for the lighter dishes of the spring, clean the kitchen surfaces and consider adding bouquets of fresh spring flowers to enhance the visual effect of the new season.
- Decluttering the living room makes it easier to move around the space. A dusting of all the surfaces improves the functioning of electronics and increases the amount of light coming through windows and out of light fixtures. Settling down with the family in a living room becomes easier when the space is neat and tidy and thoughts about cleaning the space do not enter the mind.
Spring symbolizes renewal and rebirth. Let it be a time for a spiritual refreshing by removing physical barriers to tranquility in the home with a deep spring cleaning.